- Worn or damaged seals and gaskets. Over time, seals and gaskets can become worn or damaged, which can cause transmission fluid to leak.
- Damaged pans and filters. Transmission pans and filters can become damaged over time, leading to transmission fluid leaks.
- Clogged or restricted transmission cooler lines. If transmission cooler lines become clogged or restricted, transmission fluid can build up and leak out.
- Incorrect transmission fluid level. If the transmission fluid level is too low, it can cause transmission fluid to leak out.
- Worn or damaged transmission components. Worn or damaged transmission components can also cause transmission fluid leaks.
If you think you may have a transmission fluid leak, it's important to have it checked out by a transmission repair shop as soon as possible. Transmission fluid leaks can quickly lead to serious transmission damage if left unchecked.